The book is progress along on time this month. Yea! So I was able to print the entire book out and work on the lemon designs that I wanted to hand print on the book.
I thought because the theme was old-fashioned summer, that I would print my lemon designs in an old-fashioned way, by hand using what I had around my house.
After an awful and time consuming attempt at creating a stamp, I settled on creating 3 lemon design stencils.
I used some very heavy weight, printmaking paper (280 lb weight) and cut out the designs. Then using a small brush and my liquid acrylic paints, I dabbed the paint on the pages. I did not use any tape to secure the stencils, I just held it down with my fingers. Although often times artists get caught up in wanting to make everything exact and perfect, that is the opposite of the look I wanted for the lemon designs. I want them to be slightly irregular, so that it will look like they are done by hand.
Here's the finished result:
So far so good.
For next week, I will be adding the drawings and preparing the book for binding (ie. setting up the page template and piercing the holes).
Happy Book Binding!