Finally! I finished the cutting, coloring and pasting of the interior pages. Here's some pictures of the process.
|Finished pages before coloring|
Since I was unable to run the pages through a printer, I had to had draw all the lettering using a light table to ensure everything was straight and consistent.
I colored the pages by using Caran d'Ache Crayons and water. I did this before gluing the pages together to make it easier to handle.
Before gluing, I made sure I knew what direction the pages need to go in. This book structure calls for the content to be front, back, front, back of the concertina folds.
I am not exactly happy with the color, so I'm thinking I will alter it a bit. The other problem can be seen below. And that is where the pages are attached is very visible in the back side of the book. which would be ok, except I put the page key on the wrong side. I would prefer not to have to redo those pages, so I'm going to spend some time coming up with a solution for that problem too.
Next week, I will post about the solutions and also a demo of making the book cloth that I will use for the cover.
Happy Book Binding!